As experts in real estate and luxury club communities, Maximum knows how to grow your private club membership. With a proven track record in high-net-worth (HNW) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) marketing, we know how to push both digital and real-life boundaries to direct our clients’ marketing initiatives in a hyper-targeted and effective way. Our process empowers our clients to make the smartest and most efficient investment of their time and marketing spend.
Below are just a few highlights to consider as all of them impact the new customer journey to purchase and how they search and gather information prior to purchasing for club membership:
- Google ongoing algorithm updates to ensure the user is getting the information they are seeking
- Google security updates and implementing mobile-first indexing
- Image and video search becomes more enticing to consumers and they are spending more time-consuming videos.
- Artificial intelligence interprets big data which becomes available to marketers allowing for hyper-targeting and smarter investments
- Voice search and smart speakers enter the digital space
Google is responsible for 90% of all searches in the U.S.
46% of searches on are seeking local information
34% of searches are “near me” or “zip code”
60% of searches are done via mobile devices
Visual information is preferred over text by ~50% of users
600 million visual searches on Pinterest per month
90% of information transmitted to the human brain is visual
By 2020, video will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic
YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine behind Google
64% of consumers say a video on Facebook influenced a decision
40 million Americans own a smart speaker
By 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice searches
75% of voice searches are for local businesses and/or location
Impact of Facebook’s $5 billion FTC privacy violations fine
Instagram ads image alt tags
Instagram stories saved for seven days
Now, let’s take a peek into the new customer journey/funnel and how they make decisions . We know there are many use cases on how your next club member can enter the funnel or start their journey but today we’ll focus on the first time buyer interested in becoming a member of a club.
The path may look like this:
- Conducts numerous searches using keywords to get results via text, images, videos, or voice which could be conducted on various devices at various times of the day
- Pursue a social engagement with friends and begin looking for recommendations in groups
- Check out ratings and reviews, testimonial videos on local listings
- Visit websites where they sign up for a monthly newsletter, request event updates, read blog and request notification of new blogs
- Make a list of viable options way before they contact a sales rep using personal triggers as a gauge and comparison charts
- Once they’ve determined who their top choices would be, then go back to find any additional information they may need or even visit other options based on what they heard or saw
As you can see — many touchpoints – many devices – there is a need to be well-informed at which point they will begin the process to speak to a salesperson, make accommodations for a “tour” or visit. Marketers have the advantage with their refined selection of tools, to connect at an emotional level with the potential prospect at every stage of their journey delivering a more qualified lead to the sales team. Salespeople on the other hand, now are obligated to be well-versed in the services and products they sell, but what potential club members are finding on the internet.
You ask — what is the smartest and efficient investment of our time moving forward. The key is to begin to layout a basic foundational SEO/Content strategy that aligns with the journey of a potential prospect to join your club so no matter what happens in the future, you will not be penalized by any algorithm updates, hurt by competitors coming into the marketplace or further disruptions with technology. Focus on everything and anything that Google will crawl that is relevant to that HNW or UHNW individual so that you are a viable option for consideration.
Below are a few directional steps we recommend to consider:
WEBSITE – Public-Facing pages
Find your niche and identify keyword phrases with volume and the propensity to show up on page one in Google, tackle low hanging fruit, focus on contact and location information . Work with your web developer and make sure all your metadata is populated and optimized and make sure your content on your public-facing pages has enough SEO content to let the search engines know what your site is about and the specific page within your site. URLs need to crawlable and easily parsed/indexed and schema updates need to be added to the site . Optimize for mobile-first, across top devices; use your analytics for reference . Include alt tags in all images and videos . Begin building a foundational strategy for voice; remember smart speakers are powered by search engines and respond to a 9th grade level of vocabulary – simple and clear.
Create a brand persona that delivers a conversational tone and drives engagement; this is the key to being visible in news feeds; do not push corporate content but ensure you write content for all stages of the journey (awareness, consideration, decision) but don’t forget the members following you and include content for them . Find influencers and advocates . Leverage user-generated content. Implement a reputation management strategy for positive user experience.
Focus on key players which will include Google My Business, Bing Places, local listings, manage and update frequently and respond to reviews.
Sources: Forbes, WordStream, #GoogleMarketingLive 2019, Social Media Today, WordStream Gallery Ads, TechCrunch, Hootsuite, Search Engine Journal, Voicebot.ai